Welcome to the Parent Council for Broughton High School, Edinburgh
Our school hugely values and welcomes the help of parents and other family members. Many can attend meetings to discuss and debate school matters, but there are lots of other ways to get involved if that does not suit you.
We value your input whether it is through e-mail or social media, so please get in touch even if you cannot attend meetings: https://broughtonhighpc.org/contact-us/
So, what can you do?
- Share your views at Parent Council or Broughton Association meetings
- Help with social and fundraising events through the Broughton Association (BHSA)
- Support the 200 Club (a monthly cash lottery) by joining, helping with admin or promoting
- Join the BroWorks team – supporting the school with an annual careers fair, finding work experience placements for S4 and regular BroWorks breakfasts, where people share information about their career path with pupils
- Volunteer at regular fundraising events e.g. Sounds Like Saturday and Chess cafes
What help is needed most?
- Volunteers for fund-raising and planning events (Broughton Association)
- Helpers at social/fund-raising events
- Communication experts to support both the School and the Parent Council
- Ambassadors to develop contact with cluster primaries
If you would like to get involved in making Broughton even better please e-mail us at: email@example.com or drop a comment below.
The themes and priorities below – as approved by BHS Parent Council – will guide the activities of PC officers and sub-groups throughout the year. The action plans for the sub-groups and the PC will allow us to report transparently on our activities to the parent forum.
Themes and Priorities:
- support and monitor school’s measures to implement HMIE report findings
- support and monitor progress of CFE implementation and communication
- and also specifically:
- support measures aimed at improving parental engagement
- support measures aimed at improving attendance and consistent behaviour management
- monitor and support school’s measures to build on positive outcomes
The Communications Group will:
- keep PC website up to date
- build on established platforms and develop engagement on email, website, Facebook and Twitter
The Broughton Association will:
- raise funds for the Charity by fundraising and social activities which foster more extended relations between staff, parents and others associated with the school.
- Support the school by making donations which will advance the education of those attending it.
- Ensure timely filing of accounts with OSCR, the Scottish Charity Regulator
Parent Council will:
- hold one full Parent Council during each term plus AGM in first term of the school year
- take up any specific issues affecting the school, e.g. budget cuts
- get more parents involved with Parent Council using a variety of strategies
- maintain interaction with cluster primary parent councils
- assist with recruitment of senior staff
- seek to involve senior pupils and the Pupil Council
- seek to increase membership of the 200 Club
Picked up a copy of ‘Inside Broughton High School’ at Septemberfest. What a great idea to show some of the school’s achievements and what a fantastic event!
Hi, I’m interested to get involved with parent council to know the school more and be voice of the parents and be involved in volunteering where possible. My daughter joined BH this year and is in S1. Thanks
Thank you for getting in touch! We would love you to get involved with the Parent Council – it is a great way to find out more about what’s happening at the school.
Our next meeting is on Monday 10th October, at 6pm in the school staff room. The following meeting will be online – we are aiming to have a mix of online and in-person meetings this year to make sure as many people as possible can take part.
You can sign up to our mailing list through our Contact Us page: https://broughtonhighpc.org/contact-us/ or by emailing Aletta at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also get our news updates by registering to follow our blog at: https://broughtonhighpc.org/news/.
We hope to meet you soon.